Listen to This Post
Lowest priced, extremely low cost car shipping is almost always a bad idea. Carriers have to cover fuel, costs, and make a profit. Therefore, if you see that one very low price out there below all the others it needs to be looked at carefully.
- Is it way lower than all of the others?
- Does the company have any reviews?
- Did they call you because you accidentally used a lead provider?
You Could Lose More than Just Money.
Picking from the lowest prices is not a bad idea, but you will see that if you pick the one that is the lowest one form the bunch it come with a much higher price in the end.
The results are usually:
- Late or even no pickup / lost deposit.
- Paying a higher price than promised / hidden fees.
- Possible damage from using carriers nobody else wants to use.
- Terrible service and attitude.
Others Authoritative Sources Agree
There’s a great article on WikiHow that we refer to all the time because it’s an outside unbiased account of how the auto transport quote process works and how transport services work. In bold letters it says what we tell customers all the time:
“Do not automatically go with the lowest price.”
“Many companies lure unsuspecting customers with the lowest bid. They then need to locate a carrier to physically move your vehicle. If the carrier does not accept the low price (and generally they don’t), then your vehicle will not be moved. A lot of companies low-ball customers into using their company.”
We’d add that excuses would then come to raise price now that they have a deposit. By the way, did you know we don’t take one when you order? It’s part of our price guarantee. So do take time when picking a transporter.
Take some easy steps that will make your transport go quickly and smoothly. Just taking these extra precautions will let you get the lowest price possible with the best outcome.
- Check Reviews (We have them, good ones too).
- Make sure the agreement is in writing for you to sign and review before committing.
- Check for language in the auto transport contract to make sure there aren’t hidden fees.
- Assure that the price is a RATE and not a quote that can fluctuate.
For the most in depth information , read through our guides on auto transport to know how to get around the pitfalls. Remember this information is there because we want to make sure you make an educated decision on who you choose for auto shipping. Even if you don’t come on board with our auto shipping company, we’d like to know you know where things stand, being armed with the best information.