What Kind of Truck Takes my Vehicle?

Depending on your type of transport, your car can either go on a 3-6 or 9-11 open car carrier which is industry standard and the type used by all major car dealers. In some cases (rare and exotics) an enclosed carrier will be used.

We use only commercial grade auto transport carriers. Most of these are the two level trucks you see all the time on the road. Chances your vehicle came in on the same type of trailer when it was brand new as it arrived from the port or factory.

It's either going to be an open carrier which is the most common type of truck


an enclosed carrier that moves high end vehicles.

It gets the same treatment as a new car. These trucks not only carry new dealership cars, but vehicles of all kinds for all sorts of types of transport like yours.

We see those carriers on the road all the time. Sometimes on the highway or especially on long road trips. If you’re not in the business you may automatically assume those cars going to either some auction or car lot.

Most of the time the vehicles on these trucks belong to people who are shipping from one place to another.

They can be seasonal shippers like snowbirds, someone buying a car from out of state, or even someone going to college and sending their car to meet them there. A dead giveaway is that you will see license plates on the cars.

These trucks are 80 feet long (that is 20 feet longer than a conventional freight truck or moving van) and weigh close to 80,000 pounds fully loaded and are almost 14 feet high. They are therefore very hard to maneuver and are restricted to main roads that do not have any overhanging trees or low clearance bridges or any other obstacles which defy government regulations, you may be asked To meet the transporter at a nearby location such as a parking lot. . Please bear this in mind when directing the truck to your home.