What if I need to make a change to my shipping order?
Similar to booking a flight or reservation, making a change to your quote or order may require requoting your shipment or even starting the order process over from the beginning. Here are some examples of how a change may alter your quote or order.
- Change of Pick Up or Delivery Address
- If the change is the street address but within the same original zip code, your order is still valid
- If the change is to a different zip code (even in the same metro), this could cause your rate to change and start the order process from the beginning
- Change of Shipment Dates
- If you’re making a change to the date you’ll need shipment, this could cause your rate to change and start the order process from the beginning.
- Type of Automobile
- Example: You decide to ship your SUV instead of your sedan. That can change the rate of shipment and start the order process from the beginning
- Change of Payment
- If you change from cash/certified funds at delivery to charging the whole amount on your credit card, this will add an additional fee of $100, which is passed on to the carrier. (see Can I pay the entire amount with a credit card?)
- Change of Type of Carrier
- If you are wanting to switch the type of carrier between open and enclosed, your rate will change and you’ll have to start the order process from the beginning
- Change Contact Persons
- If you need to change the contact person for either pick up or delivery, your order is still valid but we ask that you let us know as soon as possible